Recipe for Happiness
- Spend enough time out of the house and away from Mr. A that I really miss him. So much, in fact, that on the way home from brunch I considered stopping to check the mail but then decided against it because I wanted to snuggle my husband NOW.
- Pedicures for a pregnant body. The massage almost made me cry it felt so good. I hadn’t thought about how my occasional foot and leg cramps have led to little knots being in my feet and legs. A ten minute massage and hot stones? There is not enough hyperbole in the entire universe to adequately describe to you how great that felt.
- A BBQ with friends and making it PAST midnight! I’m like a pregnant super hero.
- Spending time every day appreciating Mr. A and feeling super loved on.
- Eating fruit and veggies from the farmers market. It just tastes better.
- Spending the evening planning my hospital bag shopping list and packing list. (I’m a planner, what can I say?)
- Babysitting my favorite 2 year old Saturday night, and trying to read a book on the floor with her. My belly was 100% in the way and it made me think about how crazy it will be to be pregnant next time with a little one wanting to play on the floor. (Side note: Carrying her was EASY. She just fits on top of my belly like it’s a shelf!)
- Taking steps towards a career move that make me really proud. I even ordered business cards!
- Being reminded that Mr. A has the biggest, softest heart ever. We watched “The Business of Being Born” last night every. single. time. a baby was born the tears would come. I love that man.
- Remembering to pause and be grateful for every person and moment. It’s all so great.
What were the best parts of YOUR weekend? Where are you finding bliss?