Welcome to my third annual love fest of Fall. In 2009, my I love fall post was written August 20th... that’s how much I love fall. I love it when it’s very clearly still Summer. To each her own, right? Well, it’s September 1st and even though it’s supposed to be 90 degrees on Friday I can feel the intensity of the summer heat starting to fade. The nights are cooler. The mornings are chillier. Fall is definitely on its way and I am so completely excited about it.
Things I love about Fall:
- I am having a fall baby. That means that I am coming INTO the season that will bring Miles. That’s pretty wonderful. I have been LOVING finding him Fall clothes for when he’s here. My favorite right now:
- While most of my pre-Miles clothes do not fit there is one exception: cardigans. I have been pulling out all my old sweaters and cardigans again and I can’t wait to pair them back up with my boots and skinny jeans… did I mention I 100% own maternity skinny jeans? Oh! And scarves! What is it about fall clothing that just makes me swoony?
Then there is:
- baking. Especially pie now that I’ve figured out the whole home-made crust deal.
- Fall television (Parenthood! Cannot wait!)
- Acoustic music that just feels good when it’s cooler out. The Weepies? John Mayer? Alexi Murdoch? All of it.
- Apples! Apples and cinnamon! Candles, pie, all of it. The smell is just too wonderful.
- Pumpkin! Pie, lattes, beer. Oh Pumpkin beer how I miss you.
- Coffee shop dates
- Crockpot Meals
- My baby shower (and subsequent visit from my Bestie)
Oh Fall I’ve missed you.
What are your favorite things about fall??