I’m sure I am not the first person to fall off the face of the internet once the Holidays come around. Mr. A started his vacation on the 18th and it was just so nice snuggling with him on the couch watching CSI marathons with The Wee Baby Miles.
We had three Christmas’ this year, the first was with my family at my Aunts. Due to the whole “I was single this time last year” thing, this was the first time Mr. A got to be in on my family’s celebrations. I love that when we’re all together there is a ton of laughter and you get the sense that we just really enjoy each other. (The official family photo this year was taken by my camera and I saved us from having to make a bajillion attempts at getting a good one. You’re welcome Family.)
Our First Christmas
Grandma got to love on Miles a ton.
Christmas night meant firmly establishing the New Christmas Jammies rule.
On Christmas morning we woke up to open our gifts and then hopped into the car and headed to Mr. A’s parents home in San Diego. I was so nervous that Miles would scream the whole time, but he was a joy. I think I’ll keep him.
Miles in the car. Totally chill.
In San Diego, I don’t think Miles spent more than 2 minutes not in someone’s arms. I pumped a ton just so his Grandad and Grammie could bond with him over his beverage of choice.
Miles loved reading with Daddy… although the new Vonnegut biography was a bit dry for his taste. He requested a wake up when it was time to read “Good Night Moon”.
The night we left we got to squeeze in a quick visit with my BFF and her Hubby. Erin is Miles’ Godmother, so it was quite an important meeting. Luckily they got along well.
Hope your holiday was lovely too. We are loving spending the couple of days before the New Year getting our apartment in order. I have been telling myself that I had until the New Year to focus solely on Miles before entering the world again. I am diving head first into more writing, more goals, freelancing, etc. Thanks for all of your patience and support while I was in my little cocoon of New-Mamahood. I am looking forward to being back.
1. What is your favorite breakfast pastry? I make Dutch Apple Babies on Christmas morning. LOVE. Warm apples and cinnamon gooey love? Recipe here. Try not to lick the picture.
2. Were you ever in a Thanksgiving or Christmas play? No! But if I could be ANYTHING IN THE WORLD I would be Sally in “A Charlie Brown Christmas”. Sally is the younger sister of Charlie, and we’re kind of soul mates. Then add to that fact this video of Kristen Chenoweth as Sally Brown singing “My New Philosophy” and I die.
3. What is your favorite clothing accessory? The slouchy hat.
4. What is your favorite item of clothing? This cardigan from Anthropologie. I love it to pieces.
5. What is your favorite color and why? Teal. I googled what that means about me and found this:
It is often said that people with the favorite color teal are compassionate, faithful, protective, and serene. Some words that go with the color are; healing, love, generosity, intuition, creativity, communication, self reliance, meditation, spiritual
6. What is your favorite type of Christmas cookie? Snickerdoodles. I have a thing for cinnamon.
7. What is your favorite scent (food, perfume/lotion)? My perfume is Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega. Picking it was long process, I was looking for a specific scent to be “My Smell”. It’s flowery without being overflowery. Adult but not “smells like a grandma” (Not that my grandma smells anything but lovely) Now, imagine trying to describe this to a salegirl. Lots of blank stares in my direction.
8. What is your favorite household cleaner? Simple Green! Super effective and my cats won’t die if they lick it. Which they might. I don’t know what cats do when I’m not home. I imagine it’s a party followed by a nap.
9. When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up? And what did you actually grow up to be? I wanted to be a teacher. And then I rebelled in high school and told everyone to shove it with there “You should be a teacher” bologna. Then I went to grad school. Then I dropped out of my PhD program with a masters in Demographics.. which means I’m a big ol’ data dork in real life. 10. What is the last song or album you bought? I bought the Glee Chistmas Album last night. Which means I’ve been listening to Christmas music. Opps.
But I mean COME ON! Chris Colfer & Darren Criss singing “Baby It’s Cold Outside”. How can i resist that amazingness? Try. I dare you.
So now that I am not fighting it anymore, what’s your favorite Holiday/Christmas song?