In two days, I am getting married. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
When we first started making wedding plans, it became very clear that I did NOT want a big ol’ wedding, at all. I didn’t want to plan it. I didn’t want to spend a bagillion dollars feeding people chicken… I just wanted to be married. I wanted it to be magical, beautiful, and memorable but I did NOT want the stress of planning. As soon as I came across the idea of getting married elopement style in San Francisco it just felt right. It felt just as right to Mr. A, so we ran with it.
Bonus, I think San Francisco city hall is insanely beautiful.
We’re still planning on having celebrations with ALL our friends and family, but we’ll wait until the summer and sunshine to get here.
Our families are super supportive and on board. My Grams and I have spent every Monday night shopping for the wedding ensemble. Here is the dress I’m wearing. I love love love it. (Mr. A has SEEN it, just not on.) (And it looks super adorable with my burgeoning baby bump.)
My best friend and her husband are flying in to be our witnesses. Erin and I are going to spend the morning getting beautiful, and they’re bringing their fancy camera so after the ceremony we can run around the city taking pictures. Friday night the four of us will go to Spruce
for dinner. Spruce may be the fanciest restaurant I’ve ever been to, with their menu items sounding like something straight from a Top Chef episode.
I am excited to have Erin and her husband coming. Erin is like my sister, we’ve been besties for 15 years. The way I see it, the four of us are going to spend our entire lives being friends through everything. I couldn’t pick better people to stand with us when Mr. A and I start our marriage.
Simple. Full of love. I get to marry Mr. A. Perfect.
Do any of you guys feel like if you don’t write it down, you’ll forget about it? You’ll forget about how you spent a day or a week or whatever? Blogging makes it so that I can look back and remember all the things that I do and plan to do…
This week I have some goals, and I thought I would share them with y’all.
- This week I will go on three runs to get ready for my 5K at the end of the month. Did I tell you I’m doing a 5k? It’s this one, Freedom Run to End Modern Slavery
- This week I will finish reading the book I’ve been working on and tell you about it. It’s a good one.
- This week I will invite someone over for dinner and wine.
- This week I will take a yoga class, maybe tonight.
- This week I will spend some time with friends one-on-one.
- This week I will order the invites for my Bestie’s bridal shower.
What are you planning this week?
Now that I am adjusted to the time change (read: I went to be by 10:30 last night) I am FREAKING LOVING this whole Spring thing.
Growing up in Southern Cali… it’s always Spring weather. It’s 72 degrees on Christmas. So the fact that I got through my first “colder” winter and I am feeling the average temperature climb is amazing. By next month the average temperature will be in the low 70s, and I am going to appreciate the hell out of it.
Things I will be doing this spring/summer:
- Partaking in the local farmers market. Preferably with large straw hat, and this bag I bought on Etsy.
- I will wear sunscreen, but play out doors.
- I will go camping
- I will tube down a river
- I will hike
- I will go wine tasting
- I will swim in a lake
- I will picnic on a beach
- I will plan bonfires
- I will let me hair get highlighted by the sun
- I will wear skirts and dresses, and take of my shoes and run in the grass
- I will run outside (in hopes that i start losing weight in the chest area, 20lbs down and I am still in the same bra size!)
What are YOU all looking forward to this spring?!