1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
went to Ireland, professionally colored my hair, talked about money without an anxiety attack, did a fitness bootcamp, fostered a dog.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I believe our New Year’s Resolution was “no high fructose corn syrup” and “no babies”. For the first 9 months, I rocked at the no high fructose corn syrup thing. We buy better food, we don’t drink soda. But then, the past couple of months I decided I HATE diet soda (Sorry Honey!). But I still prefer water. And working out, especially at cycling, makes me drink SO much water.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. But anytime this month I get a nephew!!!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Space to breathe. Which will happen in June with a condo, and this weekend when I clean out my 570 square foot apartment.
I would also like 2009 to be FEARLESS.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September for Ireland…
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Deciding to follow my heart in my professional life. Budgeting.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmmm, keeping my apartment clean and non-cluttered.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A Kitchen Aid stand mixer. And my tickets to Ireland.
12. Who’s behavior merited celebration?
Hmm, boyfriends. He’s been pretty amazing. He does dishes MOST of the time.
13. Who’s behavior made you appalled or depressed?
Lots of ignorance surrounding the presidential election this year.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Target would sadly be a close second.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
haha, I get really, really, really excited about most things.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
“Falling Slowly” from the movie Once.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? thinner
c) richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
take pictures, spend time with the quality friends…
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At boyfriends parents house. It was a two nap day, which is how Christmas should be.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I have been in love all of 2008. I fell in love with Edward. Oh Edward.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Jon and Kate plus 8 and House
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate. Oh, wait. That’s a lie. I hate Sarah Palin.
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
A Charger’s jersey!!
Financial Independence!! (Holla!)
27. What did you want and not get?
Storage in my stupid little apartment.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went shopping for my new job with boyfriend’s mommy. I got a Wii. I turned 23.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I got grown up clothes.
32. What kept you sane?
my boyfriend, unless he was driving me insane. In which case it was baths, kittens, and vino.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
Erin, Olivia, Moira, Melissa
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
You can’t waste all your energy on worrying about who will love you, leave you, or disappoint you.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Babes! Babes!! All you need is Babes!!” It’s a boyfriend original.